In thinking about this exhibition "Design USA: Contemporary Innovation", I can't help but feel over whelmed. The show sounds like a whirlwind of design. If I had the chance to go, I definently would. But I could see myself running around the show, not exactly knowing what to look at. Sounds like a lot of really interesting work from many disciplines.
The main part of the exhibition is the includance of an iPod Touch, which helps guide the viewer with interviews, slideshows, & snippets. I don't exactly know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I think it would be pretty awesome to carry around the little iPod Touch & get extras to the show. The article mentions that without one, you won't truly see the show. Hmmm... this is where I feel a little weird about it. If you can't enjoy the show, the actual artwork, without a little iPod then what really is the point of even having the art actually be there? In thought, one could just view the whole show on their iPod Touch. Seems like the iPod is playing too large of a role in the exhibtion, where it should only help as an additional resource for extras.
I'm curious what others think about this technology being brought into the art world? Is it only a marketing mechanism for Apple? Besides the additional interviews of artists who are not able to be present at the actual exhibition, I can't really see how the iPod Touch could really add much to show, except distractions.
1. What design issues are you interested in? 2. What is your dream collaboration? 3. Compare your fashion style to your GD style. 4. What is your ideal work environment? 5. Response to Ira Glass on good taste. 6. Write a story
In thinking about this exhibition "Design USA: Contemporary Innovation", I can't help but feel over whelmed. The show sounds like a whirlwind of design. If I had the chance to go, I definently would. But I could see myself running around the show, not exactly knowing what to look at. Sounds like a lot of really interesting work from many disciplines.
ReplyDeleteThe main part of the exhibition is the includance of an iPod Touch, which helps guide the viewer with interviews, slideshows, & snippets. I don't exactly know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I think it would be pretty awesome to carry around the little iPod Touch & get extras to the show. The article mentions that without one, you won't truly see the show. Hmmm... this is where I feel a little weird about it. If you can't enjoy the show, the actual artwork, without a little iPod then what really is the point of even having the art actually be there? In thought, one could just view the whole show on their iPod Touch. Seems like the iPod is playing too large of a role in the exhibtion, where it should only help as an additional resource for extras.
I'm curious what others think about this technology being brought into the art world? Is it only a marketing mechanism for Apple? Besides the additional interviews of artists who are not able to be present at the actual exhibition, I can't really see how the iPod Touch could really add much to show, except distractions.