I really enjoyed reading Bierut's reflections on his career. What stuck out to me the most was at first he did not care for his most common style of work. He wanted to have more of an illustrative style rather then the more typographic/abstract style that he learned from his professors. After doing many freelance design jobs where he was able to use any style he wanted, he ended up realizing he wasn't very good at making illustrative designs. Which is what I find interesting, the fact that what style he was most drawn to appreciate is not what he was good at. Which gives me hope, because I find that right now, I will see a style of design and try it out but then realize I am not very good at it. I also hope that I will have as much luck in a career as Bierut in the fact that he only looked for a job once.
1. What design issues are you interested in? 2. What is your dream collaboration? 3. Compare your fashion style to your GD style. 4. What is your ideal work environment? 5. Response to Ira Glass on good taste. 6. Write a story
I really enjoyed reading Bierut's reflections on his career. What stuck out to me the most was at first he did not care for his most common style of work. He wanted to have more of an illustrative style rather then the more typographic/abstract style that he learned from his professors. After doing many freelance design jobs where he was able to use any style he wanted, he ended up realizing he wasn't very good at making illustrative designs. Which is what I find interesting, the fact that what style he was most drawn to appreciate is not what he was good at. Which gives me hope, because I find that right now, I will see a style of design and try it out but then realize I am not very good at it. I also hope that I will have as much luck in a career as Bierut in the fact that he only looked for a job once.
ReplyDelete