Tuesday, February 9, 2010

If david lynch, wes anderson, and werner herzog directed the super bowl



Link

2 comments:

  1. How has no one commented on this yet?? This was a cool spin on pop culture. How can we change current meanings by the way its spoken? Changing the voice of a tradition almost changes what is said, but it could bring new audiences.

    My favorite was the Wes Anderson bit. Could you imagine if the whole Super Bowl was shot in slow motion like that? With some indie-folk tunes playing in the background of course. I don't know how my dad would feel about it, but I would definitely be more inclined to watch if Wes was behind the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I think the play on popular culture was interesting, this was handled far too cheesy to take serious.

    I like the idea, but it just seemed gimmicky and more than that I feel they did an injustice to the directors. They picked out one stylistic quality from one of their movies and just used that.

    Interesting concept, terrible production.

    ReplyDelete