It seems to me that there is a time and place for embellishment. I realize that it is definitely something that takes talent to accomplish, but in some cases, it's not about talent or hard work. Seeing people cut corners to achieve a superficial read of a beautiful aesthetic is a shame. Good quality lettering and embellishment can be absolutely stunning, and it takes time practice and patience. But who's to say that you can't try something new as you go along. I suppose you can, just as long as you don't rep as a pro. Mr. Cartoon is an amazing tattoo artist that is dedicated to his craft and has the talent to prove it. I feel like he is pretty relevant in this case.
1. What design issues are you interested in? 2. What is your dream collaboration? 3. Compare your fashion style to your GD style. 4. What is your ideal work environment? 5. Response to Ira Glass on good taste. 6. Write a story
It seems to me that there is a time and place for embellishment. I realize that it is definitely something that takes talent to accomplish, but in some cases, it's not about talent or hard work. Seeing people cut corners to achieve a superficial read of a beautiful aesthetic is a shame. Good quality lettering and embellishment can be absolutely stunning, and it takes time practice and patience. But who's to say that you can't try something new as you go along. I suppose you can, just as long as you don't rep as a pro. Mr. Cartoon is an amazing tattoo artist that is dedicated to his craft and has the talent to prove it. I feel like he is pretty relevant in this case.
ReplyDeletehttp://therealmrcartoon.blogspot.com/